Engineering is everywhere in your local community and the Engineering Trail which can be accessed digitally, will support families in working together on a range of simple engineering challenges together.
On Saturday 5th and Sunday 6th March 2022, STEPS Engineers Week Family Fairs will take place across Ireland both in person and online. Tune into or attend engineering shows and live workshops, suitable for the whole family.
A series of in-person, online and blended Family Fairs to inspire Ireland’s future engineers through interactive workshops and spectacular shows will be hosted from Dublin, Munster, Sligo and Galway to kick off STEPS Engineers Week 2022. Join the Engineers Ireland STEPS team in celebrating the world of engineering in Ireland this STEPS Engineers Week.
Engineers Ireland STEPS Family Weekend
Tune in to engineering shows and live workshops, suitable for the whole family.
- Saturday 5 March: In-person shows and workshops taking place in Engineers Ireland, Ballsbridge, Dublin. Join Scientific Sue, Mark the Science Guy and more. (No online events this day).
- Sunday 6 March: Fully Online engineers workshops taking place digitally. Tune into online workshops by The Rediscovery Centre, Science Made Simple, the National Reptile Zoo and Explorium. (No in-person events this day).
Foróige YES! Youth Engineering Programme – Online
- Join Foróige YES! Youth Engineering Programme for an online STEPS Engineers Week Family Day on Saturday 5 March, beaming from Munster.
Institute of Technology Sligo – Blended
- The Sligo Engineering Fair Day will take place at IT Sligo on Sunday 6th March. A blended experience of in-person and online shows, workshops and demonstrations. Join IT Sligo for the entertaining and dangerous, Devastatingly Dramatic Climate Show. Why not Learn how to solder and make a working electronic gadget to take home with you and much more.
NUI Galway – Online
- This year, NUI Galway has prepared some online events and resources that you can enjoy at home! This includes ‘Fantastic DNA at home’ workshops for families on Saturday 5 March.
For information, and to book now, visit the Engineers Ireland Website.
The Engineers Ireland STEPS programme, which promotes engineering and the importance of the profession to children in Ireland, is funded by the Department of Education and Skills and industry leaders ARUP, EPA, ESB, Intel and Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII).