It’s International Fairies Day on June 24th so to celebrate we’ve picked out some fun fairy events taking place around Ireland, as well as where you can find some fairy trails which the kids will adore visiting. Here are some Fabulous Fairy Events This Summer in Ireland:
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
#1. Sensational Kids Enchanted Fairy and Elf Festival
The Enchanted Fairy & Elf Festival 2018 takes place at Rathwood, Tullow, Co Carlow on
Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th May 2018. Calling on Fairies and Elves of all Ages…..Fly to Rathwood for another Magical Day Out while Supporting Children with Additional Needs!
Dust off your Fairy Wings, Elf Hats & Fancy Dress costumes to help the Children Charity Sensational Kids, to raise funds to expand our Early Intervention Services for children with additional needs such as Autism, Dyspraxia, Dyslexia, Down Syndrome and many other developmental delays, by providing vital affordable and accessible early intervention & assessment services, such as occupational therapy and speech & language therapy. The Enchanted Fairy & Elf Festival combines the magic of Sensational Kids and the quality of Rathwood’s facilities and talented staff.
Activities on the day include:
- Wooden Fairy House Craft Activity for every child to take home
- Train Ride Trail with lots of surprises and characters along the way
- Festival Area with lots of Activities
- Free hot chocolate voucher for the onsite restaurant with each ticket
- Free onsite car parking
This is a ticketed only event and tickets must be purchased online in advance and time slots selected on booking. Babies under 12 months are free of charge. A limited number of Wheelchair accessible tickets are available during ALL time slots. Dedicated Special Needs Times are available at 10:30am each day with reduced numbers and quieter music in the festival area. We advise early booking to avoid disappointment. Save 20% when you book the Early Bird Rate from 1st – 14th March 2018. Tickets Cost €10 per child and €7.50 per adult
Tickets for this fairy event can be purchased online at www.sensationalkids.ie.
#2. IzzyB’s Away With The Fairies Fun Day
The 5th IzzyB’s Away with the Fairies Day will take place with a Fairy/Pirate Festival on Saturday 9th and Sunday June 10th at Strokestown Park House in Co. Roscommon.
There will be a children’s street parade on the evening of the 9th of June in Strokestown, with a street party and the evening will finish with a fireworks show, followed by our IzzyB’s Away with the Fairies Day starting at 1 pm in Strokestown Park House on the 10th of June.
100% of funds raised from this year’s Fairy Day will go towards helping local children, just like IzzyB, who are undergoing cancer support treatments with raised funds going to all funds on the day are going to Lightitupgold Childhood Cancer Foundation to help Ireland’s fight against childhood cancer.
For a great day out for all the family, come and experience the magical surroundings of Strokestown Park House and Walled Garden, complete with:
- Fairy wood lands with tales from our Friends at The Irish Fairydoor Company,
- Arts and Crafts tent
- Tinkerbells Treats
- Bouncy castles
- Face painting
- The Dodie tree and The Worry tree
- Troll Bridge complete with Troll
- Pirate ship
- Climbing Wall and more!
#3. Kilflynn Enchanted Fairy Festival
This year’s Kilflynn Enchanted Fairy Festival takes place in Kilflynn near Tralee, Co. Kerry on Saturday 30th June and Sunday 1st July 2018.
Last year’s festival activities included a Magical Fairy Trail, Dancing with the Fairies, Family Picnic areas, Street Entertainment and more.
#4. Muckno Mania 2018
Mystical fairies, brave princes, royal princesses, noble kings and queens, enchanted castles and magical kingdoms will come to life this year with the 20th annual Muckno Mania Festival taking place July 5th – 8th 2017.
#5. Fairy Festival at Lough Boora Discovery Park
Bord na Móna host an annual Fairy Festival in aid of Barretstown Lough Boora Discovery Park, Co. Offaly in July.
There are usually activities to entertain kids of all ages, not to mention the stunning Lough Boora Fairy Door Trail which is ready to be explored.
#6. Fairytale Festival
Beat Fairytale Festival host their annual Fairytale Festival on Sunday July 22nd at Shankill Castle, Kilkenny. It’s a magical day out for all the family, with lots for the little ones to make all their dreams come true. With enchanting lands, favourite fairytale characters and so much to do for all the family, it’s a perfect day out for your little princes and princesses.
#7. Woodland Faerie Day at Killruddery
There’s a Woodland Faerie Day at Killruddery on Sunday 29th July 11am to 4pm. Become a woodland faerie for a day in a spellbinding outing in Killruddery’s forests.
- Hear enthralling lore from the Faerie Queen, craft garlands, crowns and other items fit for a faerie tale, and embark on an exciting quest with a mystical guide to experience the four elements.
- Splash and slide through water, make mud pies and totem animals from the earth, hear the calls of the birds on the air and offer your earth creations to the fire.
- A fantastical adventure that’s sure to enchant everyone! Costumes can be worn, but take heed – they will get mucky!
- There will be Killruddery pork, beef & lamb on the barbecue, or you are welcome to bring a picnic.
- There is a Magic Faerie Tree. Once Upon a Time stories grew from it, music bubbled from it, colours blossomed on it. But the Tree grew old and tired. Now it needs your help. It needs faerie friends to follow the Magic Path. Earth, Air, Water and even Fire are what the Tree loves and needs. Songs, stories, spells, magic potions, gifts you can make must be brought to make it strong again. Will you help? Then all will be well!
#8. Elves & Fairies Day at Brigit’s Garden
The Fairy Queen and Elf King are on their way to Brigit’s Garden inviting all fairies and elves, young or old, to join them for a day of fairy magic and fun at the Elves & Fairies Day in Ireland’s award winning Celtic Gardens, on Sunday 19th August 2018, from 12.30p.m. – 4.30 p.m. Come dressed in your favourite costume as an elf or a fairy for an enchanting day!
Enjoy lots of activities including:
- Stories and dancing with the Fairy Queen
- Discover the fabulous Elf and Fairy Village
- An epic tug-the-rope with the Elf King
- Treasure Hunt
- Crown-making and elven crafts
- Ball fishing
- Lots of fun!
- Delicious seasonal dishes and a very special elves and fairies menu available in the Garden Café.
10% discount for Brigit’s Garden Members and under 3’s go free. Online booking will be available closer to the date. A magical all-weather event for children and their families!
Over to you now. Do you plan to go to any of these fantastic fairy events or have we missed any fairy happenings to add to our list? Tell us in the comments below.