This yummy baked Chocolate Fudge Pudding recipe seems a little fiddly at first but once you’ve done it once, it’s a cinch.
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free? Please share this with your family & friends if you liked it!
- 140g/5oz dark chocolate, e.g. Blake’s Extra Dark
- 140g/5oz butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150mls/¼ pint warm water
- 4oz caster sugar
- 4 eggs separated
- 1oz self-raising flour
- Grease a 2-pint capacity pie dish or 8 ramekins.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Melt the butter with the chocolate in a bowl over a simmering saucepan of water. Make sure that the bowl is not touching the water, as the chocolate will burn. Once the chocolate and butter are half melted, turn off the heat and leave to melt completely. Once melted add the vanilla essence, warm water and sugar and mix until smooth.
- Separate the eggs and whisk the yolks into the chocolate mixture, then fold in the flour using a sieve and a spatula.
- In a clean bowl whisk the whites until they form stiff peaks. Gradually fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and then pour into the pie dish or ramekins.
- Sit your dish in a roasting tin. Then add hot water to the tin, you want the water to come about half way up the outside of your dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes before lowering the heat to 160ºC for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve with softly whipped cream.
You might also enjoy Chocolate Fondant Cake
Have you tried this chocolate fudge pudding recipe? Tell us what you thought of it in the comments below.