My aunt is coeliac, so when she visits I make this flourless, gluten free chocolate cake. It is absolutely delicious and everyone enjoys it, particularly when topped with some icing sugar, chopped nuts, whipped cream or raspberries. Yum!
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
You could also use the same recipe for a Swiss roll cake, adding the whipped cream and raspberries as the filling before rolling.
You May Also Enjoy Delicious Gluten-Free Fish Fingers
Flourless, Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 175g / 6oz chocolate (milk or dark)
- 5 large eggs separated
- 175g / 6oz caster sugar
- Small carton of whipping cream
- Punnet of raspberries (you could use strawberries or blueberries instead)
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Heat the oven to 180c. Grease and line an 8-inch cake tine and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a simmering pan of water, Ensure the bowl is not touching the water or the chocolate will go grainy. Once melted leave aside to cool.
- Add the egg yolks and sugar to the bowl and mix well, until pale in colour.
- Fold the cooled chocolate into the mixture.
- In a separate clean bowl, add the egg whites and whisk until they form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold a quarter of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until no egg whites are showing. Add the rest of the egg whites in and fold well.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared tin and cook in the oven for approx 25 minutes or until firm to touch.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before remove from the tin to cool fully.
- Serve with a dusting of icing sugar, some whipped cream and raspberries.
You May Also Enjoy Gluten Free Ghostly Bites
Have you got a good gluten free chocolate cake recipe? Leave a comment below and let us – we’d love to hear from you!