Taking inspiration from the world around us is a popular tool for parents when choosing a name for their new baby. Using names from nature, flowers, gemstones, colours and even international destinations like these brings a definite creativity to your name choice. While some of these beautiful and exotic place names for babies – such as Adelaide, Brooklyn, Chelsea and Georgia – have joined the ranks of mainstream choices, there are still plenty more to discover.
Celebrity parents who used some international inspiration include:
- David and Victoria Beckham for their son Brooklyn
- Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz who named their son Egypt
- Reese Witherspoon for son Tennessee
- Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger for daughter Ireland
- Pete Wentz and Ashley Simpson who named their son Bronx
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West who named their daughter Chicago
- Bill and Hilary Clinton for daughter Chelsea
Would You Consider One of These Places Baby Names?