Do you have a reluctant reader? Does your child only read what they have to? We have put together some Top Tips to Encourage A Reluctant Reader to learn to enjoy books and reading.
What is a Reluctant Reader?
A reluctant reader is a child who can read but does not have any interest in reading regularly.
They may see reading as work or associate it as something they have to do for school. But if you can help them overcome their reluctance to read, you will open up a new world to them which will assist them throughout their lives.
Reading offers us an escape, a way to educate ourselves and improves our vocabulary, comprehension and imagination.
Other articles to help with your reluctant reader:
- 20 Tips to Support Your Reluctant Reader
- 10 Top tips to Help Your Child’s Reading Fluency
- 6 Ways to Help Your Kids Learn at Home
- 15 of the Best Reading Apps for Kids
- 10 Book Recommendations for Kids by Age
- 25 Books Suitable for Teens
- Check out our Books articles for more suggestions of books for your kids and you to enjoy.
Have you any suggestions to help with a reluctant reader? Please share them with us in the comments box below