Taking the family away to a hotel is a lovely treat. What makes it even better? If the hotel offers family friendly activities on-site or close by. We have rounded up our pick of the best hotels in Ireland with family activities, offering you an exciting break away.
Don’t miss our best content straight to your inbox! Sign up now and get our FREE newsletters packed with fun ideas and things to do with the kids, family-friendly recipes, expert advice, parenting tips and great competitions.
What makes a hotel truly family friendly? When we recently surveyed our parents to ask how they choose family friendly hotels, the number one priority was a swimming pool and a close second was if the hotel offered activities or had activities for families nearby.
The hotels below all meet this criteria. Each hotel offers a kids club during school holidays and has a wide and varied range of activities to enjoy during your stay.
Hotels in Ireland with Family Activities
Delphi Resort & Activity Centre, Galway
Delphi Resort is renowned for the superb range of adventure activities available, with over twenty family friendly outdoor activities to experience suitable for age 4+. They include;
- Zip Wires
- High Ropes Course
- Bush Craft Survival and Orienteering
- Bog Obstacle Course
- Mountain Biking
- Stand Up Paddling Boarding
- Raft Building
- Coasteering and much more
There are supervised kids activities all day during school holidays, so parents can leave their children safely in the hands of expert Delphi staff and enjoy some much deserved peace and quiet with dinner and drinks in the bar, indulging in a spa treatment or simply enjoying a good book in a comfortable arm chair.
The free morning Kids Club (3-7 year olds) offers a range of ‘fun for the little ones’ activities including arts and crafts and nature walks. Afternoon Kids Club is also available to book.
The Delphi Resort Hotel offers 4* luxury accommodation in family rooms or for those on a budget, check out the Wild Atlantic Hostel.
Book Your Family Adventure Break at Delphi Resort.
You May Also Enjoy Best Hotels in Ireland for Teens all Recommended by Parents
Clonakilty Park Hotel, Cork
The ultimate question from guests, “What is there to do”? The Clonakilty Park Hotel provides something for everyone, the toddler, the child, the teenager, but also things to do as a family together including:
- Indoor Supervised Playzone over 3 levels with slides, climbing frames and ball pool
- Toddler zone with smaller slides, soft play jumpers and ball pool
- Baby-sitting services
- Games room with Xbox’s, Xbox Connect, Playstation 3’s, pool table and air hockey
- 3 screen cinema with the latest releases
- Adventure centre with 100m zip-wire, two level high rope course, climbing wall & power fan jump
- Pirate ship playground
- 20m pool with separate toddler pool
- Children’s Camp*
- Kiddies Disco*
- Megasize outdoor bouncing castle*
- Daily drop to the Model Railway Village on the Choo Choo train*
*During school holidays, such as February midterm, Easter, Summer, Halloween, etc.
For bookings please visit www.clonakilityparkhotel.com or call reservations on +353 (0)238836400
You May Also Enjoy 9 Amazing Family Adventure Centres in Ireland for Guaranteed Fun
Diamond Coast Hotel, Sligo
The Diamond Coast Hotel in Enniscrone sits beside an amazing blue flag beach where there is an abundance of water sports for teens, tweens and kids of all ages to enjoy. Added to its amazing location, the family rooms are pretty impressive too.
On-site there is;
- A basketball court
- Soccer pitch
- Tennis court
- Pool room.
And in the village of Enniscrone you can enjoy;
- Waterpoint Aqua Park with an 18m swimming pool and 65m flume slide!
- An 18 hole pitch and putt course
- Award winning golf courses nearby
The hotel can arrange for you to do surf & stand up paddle boarding lessons, pony & horse riding, bike hire, kayaking, boat rides and much, much more besides.
You May Also Enjoy 20 More Fun Things to Do on the Wild Atlantic Way
The Gleneagle Hotel, Killarney
Situated adjacent to the INEC in the centre of Killarney, the Gleneagle Hotel also has a host of on-site activities to amuse teens & tweens including:
- Tennis & Squash Courts
- Pitch & Putt
- Snooker and Activity Centre
- Leisure Centre with a large pool
- Free nightly entertainment year round
With a large selection of family rooms, suites and two bedroom apartments, the Gleneagle can cater for families large and small. And with 25,000 acres of National Park on the doorstep, even the most active teen or tween will find something to do!
You May Also Enjoy 40 Fun Things to Do on the Ring of Kerry and Beyond
Derrynane Hotel, Kerry
Located in Caherdaniel, Co Kerry the Derrynane Hotel sits beside a blue flag beach and has many family friendly activities on-site and nearby. These include;
- Heated outdoor pool
- Spa with seaweed baths
- Kayaking arranged by the hotel
- Guided walks with resident hotel environmentalist who has a vast knowledge about the area both on dry land and the ocean
- Amazing gardens with fairies in residence
- Trips by boat to Skellig Michael can be arranged by the hotel.
You May Also Enjoy Recommended Hotels in Ireland for Families with More Than 2 Kids
Hodson Bay Hotel, Westmeath
The Hodson Bay Hotel sits on the shores of Lough Ree. Within the surrounds of the hotel guests can enjoy;
- Bay Sports Inflatable Water Park
- Athlone Golf Course
- Watersports and boating on Lough Ree
- Large indoor heated pool
Just a short drive away and with discount offers for hotel guests you can enjoy;
- Old Rail Trail, Ireland’s latest Greenway which runs from Athlone to Mullingar, perfect for cycling and walking
- Viking Ship Tours on the River Shannon
- Athlone Castle
- Horse Riding
- Pet Farms
- Derryglad Folk & Heritage Musuem
You May Also Enjoy Best Family-Friendly Hotel Pools
Hotel Westport, Mayo
Hotel Westport is set in the grounds of historic Westport House and Pirate Adventure Park. Here you will find;
- Rides & slides and plenty of pirate themed fun.
- A train through the gardens
- Swan pedalo boats
- Zip wire
- Archery & orienteering in the adventure centre
- Historic Westport house to discover
- Spa at the hotel with a jacuzzi, sauna, steam room & gym
- 9 Hole Crazy Golf Course in the grounds of the hotel
- Playground in the grounds of the hotel
- 20m Pool
Close to the hotel there are;
- Award winning beaches along the Wild Atlantic Way
- Great Western Greenway perfect for cycling and walking trips
- Adventure West (Clew Bay) who offer coasteering, snorkelling, rock climbing and abseiling and more
- Skatepark and playing fields
- Paintballing and Splatball with Westport War Games
- Bubble Soccer for over 16’s
- Westport Golf Club
- Horse Riding and Pony Trekking
You May Also Enjoy Best Hotels for Kids Clubs in Ireland
Amber Springs Hotel, Wexford
Situated in the picturesque town of Gorey, the Amber Springs Hotel comes highly recommended by parents with kids of all ages. On-site you can enjoy Amber Park with;
- Pirate Ship
- Pet farm
- Amber Express Train
- Playzone indoors play area for younger children
- Large 20m indoor pool with spa facilities
- Fully equipped gym
- VR Games room
- Table tennis
- Air hockey
- Showtime Cinema (80 seater) complimentary & exclusive to hotel guests
- Organised game night tournaments.
If you have a mix of teens, tweens and younger children, you are guaranteed to find something to amuse them all within the grounds of the Amber Springs.
Locally the hotel can help you book golf, horse riding, pony trekking, sea angling and a range of watersports.
Please note: some of the activities mentioned above may incur a charge. And some activities are only available during school holidays.
You May Also Enjoy Parents Recommend the Best Sandy Beaches in Ireland
Newpark Hotel, Kilkenny
The Newpark Hotel in Kilkenny is set in 40 acres of grounds perfect for exploring. On-site adventure for families includes:
- Wildlife Farm with ponies, emus, llamas, rabbits, alpacas and more
- Karting track in the grounds
- Adventure Playground with a zip wire in the tree top adventure centre, slides, swing, sandpit and more
- Fairy Trail with fairies in residence all year round
- Newpark Fen Nature Trail
- Games room with snooker table, foosball table, games consoles and more
- Giant outdoor chess
- Complimentary bike hire
- Swimming Pool
- Falconry experience
Local to the hotel you will find;
- Castlecomer Discovery Park
- Horse Riding at Danville Farm House
- The National Reptile Zoo
- Nore Valley Park
- Play Centres
- Kilkenny Activity Centre
- Walk in Art Studio
- Kilkenny Castle
You May Also Enjoy Toddler Friendly Hotels in Ireland all Recommended by Parents
Slieve Russell Hotel, Cavan
Set in 300 acres of rolling countryside, The Slieve Russell Hotel in Cavan has many family activities on-site and in the surrounding areas. They include;
- Soft play area
- Games room with air hockey, pool tables and arcade games
- Tennis courts
- Adventure golf
- Swimming pool
- 9 hole golf course, complete with a resident pro for golf lessons
- Teen spa
- Walking trails
- 20m swimming pool & Spa
Nearby you can enjoy;
- Cavan County Museum with a WW1 Trench Experience
- Erica’s Fairy Forest
- Share Discovery Village & Water Park
- Cuilcagh Way Mountain trail
- Marble Arch Caves and Geopark
You May Also Enjoy 101 Ideas for Your Family Vacation in Ireland