Data compiled by the Central Statistics Office has revealed the most popular baby names in Ireland for 2018. Would you believe that, yet again, Emily and Jack were the most popular names! Find out what other ones made the most popular list:
Sign up for our free Newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Based on applications for infant passports, the Irish Passport Office has revealed the most popular boy and girl names in Ireland in 2018.
Traditional Irish names are still fairly out of favour for babies, with only 1 out of the top 10 boys names and 1 of the top 10 girls names being Irish.
Emily continues to remain a firm Irish favourite. It has been the most popular name for girls since 2011, followed by Grace and Emma at #2 and #3 positions respectively. Fiadh moves into the top ten at #10 spot.
Meanwhile for boys’ names, Jack has held the top spot since 2007, with the exception of 2016 when James was the most popular name. The top 3 most popular boys names were Jack, James and Noah, with Noah making his entrance to the top 3 for the first time. Charlie moves up into the top 10.
Top 20 Boy Names 2018
Top 20 Girl Names 2018
The full list of of popular baby names in Ireland is available on the CSO website.
- You might also enjoy reading:
- 16 Vintage Baby Names That Will Last Through Time
- 20 Vintage Irish Baby Names You Might Not Have Heard Of
- The Best Roald Dahl Baby Names For Whizzpopping Wonder
- 150+ Amazing Literary Baby Names for Boys and Girls
- 60 Cool and Classic Unisex Baby Names to Fall in Love With
- 30 Blooming Cute Flower Baby Names for Girls
Is your child’s name on this list? Leave a comment below and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!