Eggnog is the ultimate nostalgic treat for the festive season. This is our tried and tested best festive eggnog recipe for the holiday season to serve up to family and friends.
Sign up for our free monthly newsletter stuffed full of ideas, competitions and offers. PS Did we mention it’s free?
Ingredients for Eggnog
- 2 1/2 cups full fat milk
- 1 cup double cream (heavy cream)
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 3 medium free range eggs
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2/4 cup rum and/or brandy (can be made without alcohol)
- Grated Nutmeg
You may also enjoy – Alternative Rocky Road Christmas Pudding for a Festive Sweet Sensation
Method for Eggnog
- Heat eggs, sugar, milk and cinnamon over a low heat whisking continuously until mixture thickens. (approx 8 minutes)
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and alcohol (if using) and half the cream.
- Beat the remaining cream until thick
- Pour the egg mixture into glasses (heatproof) and top with cream.
- Add grated nutmeg and serve
You may also enjoy these festive treats:
- 12 Christmas Non-Alcoholic Drinks To Put a Zing In Your Festive Season
- 12 Kid Friendly Christmas Recipes the Are Super Easy to Make
- 20 Scrumptious Christmas Pancake Recipes the Family will Love
- How to Make Polar Bear Marshmallows Perfect for Hot Chocolate
- How to Make A Cute Santa from Tomatoes and Cream Cheese
- How to Make Cucumber Christmas Trees
- How to Make a Festive Penguin Snack from Olives and Cheese
- How to Make Grinch Juice
Over to you now. Have you tried our festive eggnog recipe? Please let us know in the comments box below.