Coming up with interesting, and different, lunchbox ideas, day after day can be a challenge, particularly if you want to avoid half-eaten lunches arriving back home from school! That’s why we love this clever infographic with pick and mix ideas, from the team at Good4U. Here’s How to Make Lunchboxes a Cinch with This Ultimate Filler List – packing the school lunchbox has never been so easy!
A well balanced healthy lunchbox is essential for growing kids. But what food groups should you include, and how can you vary the offerings from day to day?
Good4U‘s Dietician and nutritionist Michelle Butler explains that a “perfectly balanced lunch box should contain fluids, a portion of fruit and vegetable, protein, carbohydrate and most importantly to your child, a treat”. And those treats don’t have to be sweets! There are lots of great ideas listed below for making your own healthy lunchbox treats.
We particularly love the Good4u-ultimate-lunchbox Pick & Mix section too, that gives you plenty of suggestions for each of the food groups.
Why not make mornings easier for yourself, and be organised? Download our FREE Kids Lunch Box Ideas Planner that will help you plan your lunchbox fillers days, even weeks, in advance.
Tasty Lunchbox Tips and Treats
- 5 Super Quick Super Healthy Lunchbox Ideas for Kids
- 100 Healthy Lunch Box Ideas Your Kids Will Love
- 10 Not to Be Missed Lunchbox Ideas and Hacks
- 6 Great Lunch Boxes Recommended by Parents
- 9 Fresh New Ideas for Kids Lunches to Inspire You
- Our Twitter Party Lunch Box Tips
- 5 Super Quick and Healthy Snack Ideas for Kids & 5 More Nut Free Ideas
- 10 Easy Tasty Toppings for Crackers the Family Will Love
- Healthy Snack Ideas Every Family Should Know
- Creative Lunch Box Ideas for Back to School
Finally, how about adding a bit more fun to your childs’ lunchbox? Download these FREE Lunchbox Stickers and include a different one each day.
Over to you! Do you any other tips or ideas for giving your child a healthy, balanced lunchbox? Let us know what you think of them in the comments box below.